Punto informatico Network
Login Esegui login | Non sei registrato? Iscriviti ora (è gratuito!)
Username: Password:
  • Annuncio Pubblicitario

3 season after leading a t

Suggerimenti, commenti, segnalazione errori, critiche, lodi e quant'altro riguardi strettamente MegaLab.it e i suoi contenuti.

3 season after leading a t

Messaggioda blueberryjerry » sab feb 04, 2017 7:21 am

MONACO -- Roger Federer will try to win the Monte Carlo Masters for the first time and Stanislas Wawrinka his first Masters title anywhere when they meet in an all-Swiss final on Sunday. Wholesale NFL Jerseys . Federer ousted defending champion Novak Djokovic 7-5, 6-2 on Saturday, after Wawrinka had beaten sixth-seeded David Ferrer of Spain 6-1, 7-6 (3). Sundays match will be the first all-Swiss final since Marc Rosset beat Federer in Marseille in 2000, and the first time that Federer and Wawrinka meet in a championship decider. "I think its incredible that we are in the finals together, the same week weve been playing so well," Federer said. "I know Spaniards have it, French guys have it, Americans might have it. But for us its so rare. Last time was 14 years ago. I played so many matches in the meantime ... You think its never going to happen again." The odds appear stacked against Australian Open champion Wawrinka, who trails 13-1 overall against 17-time Grand Slam winner Federer. Wawrinka has lost his previous two Masters finals -- at Madrid last year and Rome six years ago. But he will take heart from the fact his only win against Federer was here, in the third round, back in 2009 -- although Federer had other things on his mind back then. "I was basically on my honeymoon. I married on Saturday and I came over here and played him like on Thursday," Federer said. "I know I have a good head-to-head (record) against him. I dont read that much into it. Hes a different calibre player now." Federer looked in good touch against Djokovic but conceded that the Serb -- who had a right-wrist injury -- was not at his best. "I feel like I have put in the performance to be there, gave myself the opportunity this week. So Im very happy with my play. Of course, I did see that Novak was struggling," Federer said. "Now I set up the dream final for Stan and myself and Swiss tennis and the Swiss fans. Its very exciting times right now." Djokovic complained of soreness in his right wrist at the start of the week and took to the court with it heavily strapped. It seemed to affect him more toward the end of the first set, and he was serving way below his best throughout the second. "Its unfortunate that when youre playing at this level against Roger, big tournament, that you are not able to play your game because something else is taking away all your energy and effort," Djokovic said. "I did everything I could really, I was on the medications every day, I was doing different therapies, injections." The fourth-seeded Federer entered the tournament only after accepting a wild card invitation, having missed the two previous editions. He lost three consecutive finals to eight-time champion Rafael Nadal from 2006-08. Djokovic missed two break-point chances when he had Federer 15-40 down in the 10th game, but Federers backhand got him out of trouble and he saved the next one with a smash at the net. Federer was inconsistent in his quarterfinal win against Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, but looked sharp against Djokovic, teasing him with one casual drop shot that surprised the Serb and drew loud cheers from the centre-court crowd soaking up the Mediterranean sunshine. Federer broke for 6-5 when Djokovic netted a weak forehand. At the changeover, Djokovic nursed his right wrist as he sat in his chair, looking stern-faced and pensive. "From the end of the first and the whole second, every shot was pain, especially with the serve," he said. Djokovics first-serve speed dropped to 160 kph (100 mph) in the second set and he was unable to properly flex his arm as he tried to return one shot from Federer in the third game. But it was becoming too easy for Federer, who improved to 18-16 overall against Djokovic. Wholesale Jerseys China . Raonic, the No. 8 seed from Thornhill, Ont., fired 11 aces and did not have a double-fault as he comfortably advanced to the third round at the Masters Series event. Cheap Jerseys China . The 10-year deal the league and players agreed to that ended the 2011 lockout gave either side the right to opt out after six years. With the league projecting financial growth, there has been speculation that players will take that option in three years, especially since a new national TV contract will be in place by then. http://www.wholesalejerseyssafestore.com/ . Speaking on Leafs Lunch with Bryan Hayes and Jamie McLennan on Thursday, Bernier said it was "very hard" at times being entrenched behind Jonathan Quick and is now excited at the prospect of getting an opportunity to compete with Reimer for the top spot with the Leafs.OTTAWA - Less than 18 months after being honoured as the NHLs coach of the year, Paul MacLean is out of a job. The Ottawa Senators fired MacLean on Monday after an 11-11-5 start, though the problems team executives had with the coach extended back into last season when the Senators missed the playoffs. Senators general manager Bryan Murray told a news conference Monday that assistant Dave Cameron will be the new head coach of the team. Ive had some tough days lately, said Murray, who is currently undergoing cancer treatment and watched longtime Senator Daniel Alfredsson retire last week. This is one of them. MacLean, the first NHL coach to be fired this season, wore out his welcome among Senators players with tactics that led to many games in which they were outshot. Through 27 games, Ottawa has given up the second-most shots in the league behind only the Buffalo Sabres. Murray, who broke the news to MacLean at 9:30 a.m. Monday morning, said he had grown frustrated watching the Senators struggle with turnovers night after night. We continue to be a big turnover team in our zone, said Murray. Our goaltending has been, to say the least, outstanding most nights to give us a chance to win hockey games. The chances against our team are, some nights, atrocious. I think theres an obligation for a lot of people, the players included, to perform better than that. But the leader of the pack always is the coach. MacLeans defensive tactics that allowed opponents easy entry into the attacking zone were responsible for the Senators being outshot 34.4 to 28.8 on average this season. I think positioning in our own end is a big, big issue, said Murray, adding that he would talk to MacLean about the problem but nothing changed in that area. Murray aalso said there was an uneasiness in the dressing room. Wholesale Jerseys Cheap. Some of the better players felt that they were singled out a little too often maybe, said Murray. Thats todays athlete. They want to be corrected, coached, given a chance to play without being the centrepoint of discussion in the room. Murray said he thinks Camerons teaching style will be more effective. I think hell relate a little bit to what we need here with some of our youth in particular, said Murray, who agreed with one reporter that communication with MacLean had become a one-way street. This sometimes happens when theres pressure on people, theyre not as open to listen and take ideas and go back and forth in the communication part of it, he said. Players today more than ever need and want that. Cameron has extensive coaching experience at the Junior A and AHL levels, including coaching the 2011 Canadian world junior team, but has never been an NHL head coach. In parts of four seasons the Senators went 114-90-35 under MacLean, making the playoffs in his first two seasons. MacLean won the Jack Adams Trophy as NHL coach of the year in the lockout-shortened 2012-13 season after leading a team ravaged by injuries to Jason Spezza, Erik Karlsson and Craig Anderson to the playoffs. The Senators have the lowest payroll in the league at US$56,280,726, according to CapGeek. Theyre 10th in the Eastern Conference. MacLean, a 56-year-old from Antigonish, N.S., who previously served as an assistant to Mike Babcock in Anaheim and Detroit, was in the first season of a new three-year deal. Murray said after last season, he felt MacLean deserved a chance to redeem himself. I was really in his corner to come back, he said. Sometimes you have a bad year. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
blueberryjerry
Aficionado
Aficionado

Torna a Benvenuto in MegaLab.it